Monday, September 13, 2010

Tomorrow is the day training officially starts!

So far Mark and I have been trying to work out at the gym to raise our fitness as much as possible before....Duh duh duhhhhhhhhh - MARATHON TRAINING OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Today I have gone back to my better balanced diet, try to cleanse away the alcohol from the last few days! Although I did enjoy some chocolate while Mark was out this evening...!

I have spent some time on various websites recently, compiling advice on running and more specifically running a half marathon for the first time.

Jeff Galloway's website has  had some really sound advice, and the comment he made which I related to best was to aim to finish the half marathon, not to over push myself and create an unrealistic time goal.

I attend the gym at best 3 times a week right now, and so would say I have an ok fitness level, but I certainly do not want to set myself an unrealistic target, that I could not finish. the clock at the race will run for four hours, so as long as I complete it in less than four hours I will be satisfied (Yes I know that sounds like a contradiction, but I could probably walk the whole race in four hours - I am a super fast walker, ask Mark!)

No comments:

Post a Comment