Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A new, fascinating book!

Ok, ok fair play. Dan, my boss who didn't really call me fat but still makes us laugh when I say that he did, well he brought in a book to work for me to read today. It was a busy old day so I hadn't really had chance to look at it until this evening, but wow I am thoroughly enjoying it!

It is "Mayo Clinic Guide to Alternative Medicine 2011".

I am very open minded to what alternative medicine can do for us all. It takes about weight, about alcohol, about herbs, about yoga, about fighting disease, about fighting stress...EVERYTHING (it seems!) to be a healthy, well- rounded person.

As a (relatively!) young female it is incredible the amount of crappy, faddy, unhealthy and unrealistic diets that so many magazines, websites and even celebrities, promote. I can see why primarily young women although less so also young men, can get drawn into these diets. If you have a less than slender boyish figure, why wouldn't you get excited at the thought of losing 10lbs in 10 days?? Anyway, this books examines some of the ingredients in many of these ridiculous weight loss tablets/ patches / drinks, and REALLY, tells you what they can and can't do for you.

I am loving this book, and ridiculously give myself a little cheer for everything the book encourages you to do that I already do, such as eating plenty of garlic and taking a Vitamin D supplement.

WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment