Monday, September 27, 2010

choosing food wisely...

Tonight I was stuck in a typical scenario of many - it got to 7.50, Id only just got to the grocery store and had to quickly select something for dinner. Naturally tonight was not going  to be one of my culinary inspired evenings, so i tried to scout out something quick and easy.

I cant deny, my first  idea was to look at the fresh pizzas, but whoa am I glad i checked out the label.  At 290 calories for 1/8 of pizza (who ever really just has one serving?), plus a bit of hydrogenated fat, some high fructose corn syrup (yep in pizza) and probably enough saturated fat for the week.

I put it down, and instead chose some fresh lean chicken breast which I grilled, and served with a mixed salad and a balsamic garlic dressing. My whole meal probably came in at around the calories of the one pizza serving, left me feeling satisfied, and I was happy in the knowledge that what I had fed my body was balanced and nutritious. Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment