Monday, September 6, 2010

And in the beginning...

I have never been sporty, and generally was usually in the last three to be picked for most sports in school, except for cricket. In cricket I was always amongst the first three to be picked, which I never understood!

I have always been average weight, average height. When i lived in the UK I would eat what I wanted and generally never put on too much weight.THEN I moved the America and shazam, I dont know if there is something in the water or whether I just got excited at a new selection of goodies, but all of a sudden (well maybe over about 8 months) I realised I was 20lb heavier and not happy about it.


So I watched Biggest Loser, and like millions of people, got inspired by Jillian Michaels. I read her books, then others like those by Michael Pollan. It made me realise that the junk going into me was not doing me any good, was draining my body and preventing me being truly healthy.

Right now I am mostly healthy. I think compared to some people I know it is uber-healthy, compared to others it is still a little alcohol and junk filled.

But NOW I have the biggest task ahead of me - I am running a half marathon in March. I have never been a runner, and so the thought daunts me somewhat. But I am excited as well as scared witless! I am going to be blogging about what I do, and how I do it, over the next few months. I am concerned about how being at home in the UK for 10 days over Christmas might hamper training (and healthy eating!), I wonder how well I will be able to stick to a training program.

It will all be a trip I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment