Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rough start...well not even a start to marathon training...

Well today was supposed to be the day that Mark and I started half-marathon training proper but sadly it didn't happen this morning :(

After not being well this past weekend I think I still wasn't 100%, and last night insomnia hit good and proper. I think contributing to it was work stuff ticking over in my mind, which is never a good thing!

So I went to bed around 10.45 and 2am comes and after much tossing and turning, short spells of getting up to read I was STILL wide awake. I think I fell asleep sometime after 4, then got hooked into some weird Jersey Shore Twitter dreams, and I kept waking up...

After only a few really rough hours of sleep my alarm went off and I knew that my body could do with more rest. Maybe a crappy excuse, but I would rather have a normal functioning day and skip training, then have a terrible day and do training.

That said, I will head to bed soon and hope I sleep better tonight!

1 comment:

  1. well I think that sounds great - good on you for taking charge of yourself!

    I hope it helps that I am trying to do something similiar - have been amending my diet in several ways (no caffeine or sugar drinks, breakfast of unsugared shredded wheat and fruit, no beer EVER, smaller plates, chewing each mouthful 10 times, no carbs after 6, no snacking other than yoghurt or fruit - its real childish stuff but it helps) plus a workout using the Wii and a run of 1.5km per night.

    It is really helping and in 2 months I am down from a BMI of 30.2 (the shame!) to one of 28.7. (target is 25) Not great, but steady improvement. And I have a flat tummy for the first time since secondary school.... so you will be unable to blame genetics! : )

    oh and we agree about the food stuff, as you know we have always tried to eat loads of fresh fruit and veg (plenty coming in from the garden at the moment).

    really proud of you, go for it. I could never run a half marathon, so impressed you are going to. x

    Nick

    ReplyDelete