Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today my boss called me fat..

It wasn't as bad as it sounds really. My boss, Dan, was asking what size shirts and hoody I would want to order, and he pointed out that the sizes would shrink in the wash. I decided that as my small shirts have been fine, I would order a medium, and any shrinkage should leave it fine fitting. "Hmmmmm" he says, "so if you are usually a medium, you would want a large". No! I tell him, I want a medium. "You don't want a large?". Now I know I am not teeny tiny, but come  on! I ridiculed him all day for calling me fat.

In fact it was Dan who got me onto this whole half marathon business. I have always enjoyed watching the London marathon, and have seen people of all shapes and sizes complete it. But could I run even a half marathon?

What began as a casual conversation between a few of us in work turned into  an exciting, thought provoking, potential group task. When Dan spoke to Dena and I about the marathons he has run, I dont think he could have known that not only would Dena and I be getting psyched for training, but also my husband Mark, our co-worker Wendi, and possibly even more.

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD FOR US ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment