Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where have I been?!?

What a crazy few weeks. During Steve's visit Mark and I definitely did not run as much as we should have. I think we managed a measly two runs in ten days. BUT family will always win for me, and if you don't get to see someone too often, your priority will be to spend time with them.

A few days after Steve's visit I felt a little under the weather, and just kept getting worse. Last Tuesday I went to the doctor, and found out that my illness had turned into strep. So I spent three days off work, two of them being in bed resting.

I am still not feeling 100%. It almost feels like I have forgotten what it is like to wake up without a sore throat (though that bit has gone now) or without a lung full of nastiness. But despite this I am determined to get back into training. The training schedule on the Shamrock Half Marathon website actually starts on Monday, so I feel like I am not as far behind as I believe.

So the next few steps are to head right back into training, and then start contemplating what our plan of training attack will be for December when we visit the UK. It is a ten day trip, so I want to have a plan of action and have specific ideas in mind of which days we will run. I don't mind missing maybe one day of training, but do not want to fall off the band wagon again.

Also I am excited to be cooking again. We spent a lot of time eating out at phenomenal restaurants with Steve, who is a chef, and then after that due to Mark and I being sick we ate out a lot. I love eating out from the lazy point of view...I do 99.9% of the cooking at home, and whilst I usually do it happily, it is tough to muster up enthusiasm for it after a ten hour shift in work sometimes. But I want to get back to eating healthy and eating at home. When you are at a restaurant, you never know exactly how many calories, how much fat, how much sugar you are eating. And I want to eat the very best food that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment