Friday, November 26, 2010

Running is making me fat

Shame on Dan who told me that when running he can eat and drink whatever he wants and he dropped a shed load of weight, etc, etc.

NOT FOR ME!!! I have been eating out  a little more than usual lately, but have certainly been steering for healthier options but I have been putting on weight which is super frustrating.

Maybe it's something in the water in this country. Before I moved to America I could absolutely eat whatever I wanted and not put on weight. Now I wasn't in the best shape of my life. Bugger it, I weighed 2lbs less than I do now! But I could eat ANYTHING, including one day where I ate Burger King for both lunch and dinner.

Nowadays I always eat a super health breakfast, a relatively healthy lunch but unless I stick to around 500 cals for dinner with high protein, high fiber and low fat I just get fatter and fatter :( I generally am happy to be watching my calories but bloody hell it gets so boring and exhausting!!!

 To make it even harder Mark eats and drinks whatever he wants and stays the same. I cook myself a meal, measure everything out...and he just throws it all on a plate. Men are so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Yeah so thats my whining for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that you can gain weight and still be gaining muscle/toning up! When I trained for my triathlon this summer, I didn't lose any weight (which seemed weird considering I was running and swimming every day!) but I did drop a whole pant size and toned up. Remember a scale only tells you your total weight--not the composition of the weight (fat vs. lean body mass). Focus on the running and not the number on the scale!

    ReplyDelete